On this Page:
- Training videos
- Upgrading from a previous version
- User Guide
- Sharing your data
Feedback is very welcome, we are continually striving to improve our user experience.
1. Introduction: Boundaries of the calculation, typical results, new layout of result
2. Using the PHribbon Embod button
3. Entering yellow cells, checks and adding a comparison
Entering EPDs is the same as in the videos below except that
data is now written to the “Materials” tab and there is an extra selection at
the top of the form for the type of entry: general material, window, PV, Misc.
4. Entering a typical EPD, plasterboard
5. Entering an EPD with timber storage, wood fibre
Note: version 3.10 corrects an error in the RIBA tab: version 3.09 gives ‘2030 compliant’ for any embodied CO2. It also finds and corrects an error with Stage D on the graph which gives figures that are slightly too high. See the top of the RibbonHelp file in your dropbox folder for more details.
New Improvement Option Evaluation button for PAS 2035 NEW version 3.11 video
See also the AECB webinar page to see recent video for “PAS2035, Operational CO2 and RIBA in PHribbon”
Version 3.07 and earlier
You may want to continue using the previous version if you have unfinished work, the new
“Embod” tab is a different format which is not compatible with the previous versions.
Battens, stud walls, roof finishes and updating the calculation
Checking the calculation and explanation of formulas
Total CO2 sheet introduced in (1), with >60yr button
Upgrading from a previous version
1. Rename the your current PHribbon file to PHribbon-old, or something like that.
Then go to the dropbox, copy the contents to your PHribbon folder on your computer and put in the same folder as you used before.
2. You can then open up your new PHribbon file and use the update button to transfer the licence key and any other info you have put in,
Video: Upgrade routine to transfer your existing data into the latest version
3. The menus have changed, so you’ll need to Press the Write custom ribbon button and follow the procedure on the install tab
As you originally did when you first set up PHribbon.
The user guide provides more detail for some topics and is provided with the software on the right of the PHribbon ribbon. This opens a pdf where you can jump to the feature you are using.
PHribbon has a very thorough process of testing and checking, however not every situation can be foreseen. If you get any error messages or errors please report them to Tim Martel, feedback is welcomed. Often they can be put right the same day. Updates in every version are listed just after the contents in the user guide, this will make it clear what has changed in that version.
Share your data!
If you have found new EPDs to enter into your project, share your data on the new Google Sheets spreadsheet here
This is in the same format as the “Materials Tab”.